Glow in the Dark Powder Paint
Glow Powder Paint, is a simple method of applying Glow Powder, to your projects. It is another method of Glow in the Dark Painting without glow paint.
With Glow Powder Painting, unused portions of the Glow Powder can be stored for reuse. Advantage of Glow Powder Painting over Glow Painting is that you can achieve almost 100% glowing brightness since you are using the glow powder directly and not mixing it with any other medium.
Things you require:
Instructions on Glow Powde Painting:
- Use masking tape to cover areas that you do not want to be painted.
- Spray a very light coat of clear spray paint onto the surface to be painted.
- Sprinkle glow powder on top of the paint and shake the surface until the paint is covered with an even layer of powder. You could use a pepper sprinkler for this.
- Check the glowing effect by charging it with the UV light. Make sure the glow is even across the surface.
- Wait for this layer to dry. This is normally about an hour or so.
- For a well spread and evenly glowing surface, repeat steps 2 to 5 until you have reached the desired glowing brightness. We recommend at least 2 to 3 coats.
- Spray a final coat of Epoxy or Varnish over the powder, for protection.
- End results would be better if you were to apply this in a few thin layers than in one thick layers.
- Glow Powder Painting is just an alternate method of glow painting for small projects.